View Single Post
Old 14.08.2013, 12:05
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
A Mata has no particular reputation at present
Blood test results confidentiality?

I am little confused about blood test results confidentiality. Some months before, my doctor had done several blood tests but she did not seem so interested in giving me the results, so every time I had to call her to ask about the results. Someday I received the invoice from the insurance company without knowing the details so I called the insurance company with the surprise that they have all the information about my test results, I mean ALL the information (levels, ranges, etc.) even better than me! Also, every time I had a test I had to ask for the results to my doctor and she gave me just an excel sheet with the numbers, not the official form from the laboratory. Is it normal? I am wondering, if I want to go to another doctor, I do not have any formal blood test results to show.

Back at my country (Spain) you normally receive the results directly from the LAB as part of the confidentiality law and you can take the results back to your doctor personally. Doesn’t it work in that way in Switzerland?

Rgds