View Single Post
Old 15.08.2013, 20:53
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 17 Times in 9 Posts
Cata1yst has a reputation beyond reputeCata1yst has a reputation beyond reputeCata1yst has a reputation beyond reputeCata1yst has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to PRIVATELY import a car EU to CH

Quote:
View Post
If I have a chance I shall scan it and post it here. Also alongside 18.44 form there was a separate list of household items like beds, wardrobes etc.... The cars themselves are declared on 18.44 form itself. I have third car and I have not decided wether to import it yet, however, if I do not sell it in UK, I might bring it here as well, have a year to do so....
Inland customs ASAP or to the border crossing that can produce the paperwork, (13.20A) is the magic form. This gives you the stamm number you need for CH insurance. Expect to pay more than the locals as you're a dirty foreigner.

Zurich has inland customs if you're moving there.

UK insurance is technically invalid after you become resident in CH so if it's about to expire renew it. To give you more time to import the car.

COC someone mentioned depends on the model, you don't need it if it's common but depends on the day/canton as to how interested they are in it. If it's Zug ensure you have it they are a PITA for paperwork/ box ticking.

Abgas is not required for cars which have a OBD2 port (Quote Zug Car inspection guys) newer than around year 2000 you should be okay.

3rd car do not leave, as you'll find you cannot legally insure it, second problem if you leave it too long you cannot import it as household goods. 18 months I believe = large tax bill rather than 0 chf.

You will need the V5's for both cars. Bill of sale will help faster production of a 13.20A in the customs office.

Modified cars can be done but every part which is not standard will require a DTC form which proves the part change is "legal" in CH, or you may get lucky and they don't notice