View Single Post
Old 20.08.2013, 17:04
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 9,934 Times in 4,178 Posts
Carlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bye-bye all BVG retirement payments? :(

Quote:
View Post
I already read this of course and the form indicates my one and only option is to open a vested benefits account with a bank in Switzerland.

I know what it says, I just can't comprehend why non-EU members get all of their money back and because I live in the UK, I have to have a large amount of my money locked up in Switzerland. It's not exactly a small amount of money.
Seriously, dude, get a grip. There are cross-pension benefits across EU states with CH. Instead of posting here, why don't you ask someone in Novartis HR to explain it to you?

As for a small amount of money... 4500 CHF is hardly ball-breaking in the big scheme of things, especially given that you haven't got the money as such and never had it to spend (i.e. it is tied up in your pension scheme).

Anyway, I reckon that a year's CH state pension will be worth a lot more than a year's UK state pension - assuming that still exists at the time - come retirement.