View Single Post
Old 21.08.2013, 12:22

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Amashie has earned some respectAmashie has earned some respect
Re: Child first bike - advice pls

Quote:
View Post
Just to reassure you, starting and stopping is the hardest bit to master and I have seen my daughter struggle equally on lighter bikes from her friends it tool her a while and even now, almost 1 year down, if she has not biked for a while, she finds it challenging so no worries, your daughter will manage with the bike you got!!!
Thankyou! I think she'll struggle for a while, especially as she didn't have a balance bike first, but she's speed demon on the micro scooter so should be good with some persistence!

Good luck with your search!

Quote:
View Post
I spent an afternoon with my son teaching him how to get on and start off safety.

It's not intuitive - and there is definitely a correct way of doing it.

He didn't want to listen but I made it quite clear that he wouldn't be riding the bike until he listened.

To Amashie: One tip is to have the saddle slightly lower than optimum for the first few (short) rides as it's easier for them if they stop in the wrong fashion.

My daughter is quite stubborn (what 5 year old isn't!), so I'm sure she'll want to do it her way. But the tip about the seat is great, I'll definitely give it a try
This user would like to thank Amashie for this useful post: