View Single Post
Old 31.10.2006, 08:32
Forum Legend

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Richard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to best locate one's business in CH ?

Quote:
I'd be interested in hearing from people who have some convincing point to make about this, legal & tax issues set aside.

At this point, I am really leaning towards countryside vs. city.

Just think of how successful Basel-based businesses are vs. their Zurich-based competitors (Basel is an _extremely_ quiet place): Coop constantly beating Migros, Swiss Bank Corp having defeated UBS, Novartis, Roche & other constantly in the top, vs. ABB, Phonak and so many others with their recurring problem stories.

Microsoft and its calm Redmond environment

Can't one say that the more stressful and glamorous a place is, the greater the risk that a firm's staff will have their attention diverted ?

Hoping to read some good feedback about this

Jean
Hi Jean,

Firstly there are several answers to your question because it is not black and white. There are several factors that need to be considered:

1. Whether you can conduct your business everywhere or whether you need to have a permit. Believe me this is your number one issue - what is your business?
2. Where are your customers and will they be coming to see you. If so you need a good road/rail connection don't think road will do, you also need to cover public transport.
3. Are you expecting deliveries? If so is it easy for lorries to get there?
4. Is there the possibility to do this from home ie have one room as an office - this is very beneficial financially.
5. Does the proximity to the EU help? ie close to Germany, Austria, Italy, France etc.

And then there is the legal form if GmbH or AG then you need to think that bit harder as changing things afterwards costs a plenty.

Thats a few things to think about for now.

Richard