View Single Post
Old 22.08.2013, 15:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 429 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 20,689 Times in 10,974 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Blood test results confidentiality?

Quote:
I am surprised as with our GP, results are always given to us immediately by post- and of course no need to ask. About confidentiality- insurances do insist on knowing if you have any supplementary insurance, not sure about basic.

In the UK, if you want to get a mortgage or life insurance, or private health care, etc, you have to agree for you doctor to write a full report on your health state, so they can properly assess the risks. OH has a condition which meant we were severely restricted in the kind of mortgage and life insurance we could get, and at much much higher cost than normal.
It's quite possible to get a mortgage in the UK without any life insurance. I did so twice. I generally avoid any insurance product if I possibly can, no doubt you were sold an endowment mortgage, which has been bad news to anyone who took out such a product in the last 30 years.