View Single Post
Old 27.08.2013, 16:53

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
RandomForest has no particular reputation at present
Re: permit question: marriage and move canton...

Quote:
View Post
Question - are you planning on having a honeymoon? If so, de-register from Vaud (you can do this before your actual last day as they just need to know your leaving date) and then contact Valais to let them know that you're getting married on such and such date and ask if you can start the paperwork off for your new permit. You won't be able to complete it until you have your marriage certificate, but if they'll allow you to start the application you won't run foul of the 8 day change canton rule.

If you're not going on honeymoon straightaway then just de-register and re-register at Valais within the 8 days. I don't think you'll have any problems as you're marrying a Swiss national.
We are planning honeymoon around Christmas so it has nothing to do here...

So you mean, let's say we get the marriage certificate on 25 Sept, then I can de-register in VD and register in VS just after (before 31 Sept when the apartment in VD reaches the end). There will be no problem? I was thinking that VS needs time to check and tell me if I can really move to VS, and during that time I still have to keep an address in VD. So I was wrong?