View Single Post
Old 27.08.2013, 17:09
Forum Legend

Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: permit question: marriage and move canton...

Quote:
View Post
Yes I think you are right.
But then I have another problem. We will marry in the end of Sept, and my apartment contract in Lausanne is terminating on 31/Sept. Will this be a problem? I have this doubt because after marriage it will take time before I really get a new permit in VS, and during this time I won't have an address in VD... Is this a problem?

Otherwise, after 31/Sept can I temporarily register my "new" address to my friend in VD, before I officially move to VS?
No. It will not be a problem. After you get married de-register at your commune in VD and re-register at your new address in VS. Your permit will still be valid until your new one is issued.

Quote:
View Post
We are planning honeymoon around Christmas so it has nothing to do here...

So you mean, let's say we get the marriage certificate on 25 Sept, then I can de-register in VD and register in VS just after (before 31 Sept when the apartment in VD reaches the end). There will be no problem? I was thinking that VS needs time to check and tell me if I can really move to VS, and during that time I still have to keep an address in VD. So I was wrong?
You can move to VS. VS doesn't need to "check and tell you if you can move", beyond verifying you are married.. You are allowed to move in with your Swiss husband. Period. and you don't need to keep your VD address.
This user would like to thank miniMia for this useful post: