View Single Post
Old 27.08.2013, 19:56
ciao ciao is offline
Join Date: May 2013
Location: basel or Zurich
Posts: 146
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 53 Times in 37 Posts
ciao has no particular reputation at present
Re: permit question: marriage and move canton...


I have B permit (non-EU, USA to be specific) and it's tied to my employer. My employer is in Basel and I am going to move to Zurich. I was told by HR and Zurich immigration office that I need to send a letter to give reason/explanation for moving to Zurich and get a permission for relocation. Immigration of Zurich explained to me what I need to send to them and didn't say it would be difficult to get permission or not. My friend who has B permit and works in Basel got married to Swiss moved to Zurich and de-registered her permit from Basel and re-registered in Zurich without any problem.

Some say it is just a formal process.. some say it's because I'm from US.. who knows.. but I think you can call the canton of wherever you are moving to and ask if you need a permission or send a letter or anything.

Even if you need to submit a letter, I'm sure you are OK and get permit registration without any problem.

Congratulations by the way
Reply With Quote