View Single Post
Old 31.08.2013, 00:18
Forum Legend

Groaned at 332 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 11,715 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ackermann quits as ZFS CoB

Quote:
View Post
The thought that he bullied a very personable guy (I'd met Pierre Wauthier a few times) to the point of suicide just sickens me.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/30/bu...-quits.html?hp

Note to Josef Ackermann: please don't show yourself in public again. Ever.
There is absolutely no proof that Mr Ackermann bullied Mr Wauthier to any point. That the wife of Mr Wauthier claims so, is not proof of anything. Mr Ackermann DID what Mr Loosli at Swisscom should have done and still ought to do and that is to step back

Mr Ackermann very shortly after becoming CEO of the Zürich Insurance Group realized that the company financially and technically was far worse off that it looked. Insiders indeed knew for more than 20 years that it was what in German is än Saftlade / än Saustall . Being in a very profitable segment of the economy, it was not really in trouble, but the strategy reminded of the hunter-strategy of Mr Bruggisser at Swissair. Mr Wauthier in a way "polished" things just as Mrs Jacqualyn Fouse did do at Swissair.

Just as Mr Loosli, Mr Ackermann never was known to bully people

I think, you simply are not fair