View Single Post
Old 05.09.2013, 07:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 311 Times in 176 Posts
Thanked 3,314 Times in 1,577 Posts
Wallabies has a reputation beyond reputeWallabies has a reputation beyond reputeWallabies has a reputation beyond reputeWallabies has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Nokia Smartphone line gets scrapped as MS buys Nokia

Quote:
View Post
Well, now that's a bummer:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/2/468...-windows-phone

"In fact, Microsoft's licensing deal for the Nokia brand doesn't include future Lumias Nokia as a smartphone brand is effectively dead, as Microsoft takes the lineup in-house".

If they can't make tablets work, I seriously doubt they can fix up a decent smartphone. RIP Lumia - mine goes on Ricardo as soon as it's been established whether it'll still get updates now or not.
Given microsofts reputation and big areas of the world dont trust them I dont see them becomong a threat in the phone business.

Would you buy a phone with microsoft labelled on it? NO
Samsung YES.
Apple YES

The market leaders have stole a march and buyingna phone company doesnt suddenly solve the issue. Admitted they have no choice as their products are becoming progressively less sought after in the core business maybe this is a smart move only time will tell but I wouldnt buy a microsoft phine and my children also said noway would they consider sonething so non cool