View Single Post
Old 13.09.2013, 13:25
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sgt. Bilko has no particular reputation at present
Re: Man with Van

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for recommendation chosenJade. It sounds like a good experience and I have chosen Mr Rabbie to move my furniture to my new place tomorrow. I will post my experience over the weekend (assuming my internet is working ).
Hi as promised, I just wanted to post my experience with Mr Rabbie. He charges CHF 80 p/h and I was able to arrange a time/date very quickly. He was late (due to traffic) and texted me to let me know. This actually worked in my favour as I had more time to take down all my furniture with my friends. When he arrived, he instantly started helping out with the furniture.

Our new flat is nearby and overall, it took and hour and a half so he charged me CHF 120. I guess I could have negotiated the price because he was late but I'm too nice to that .

Overall, he was a very nice guy who knows how to load a van the most efficient way. I was expecting two runs but he managed to fit everything in one go. I should mention that he has a Sat Nav.

Overall, I would recommend Mr Rabbi. I think it was well worth hiring his services as renting a van would cost CHF 80-99 anyway and you have the hassle of picking it up and driving it back.