View Single Post
Old 31.10.2006, 23:19
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
telandy has an excellent reputationtelandy has an excellent reputationtelandy has an excellent reputationtelandy has an excellent reputation
Re: Bluewin TV - out tomorrow (November 1st 2006)

Lob,

It is useful for me for the following reasons:-

1: Our main TV is a UK model and I cannot watch any of the German channels through the cable that comes into the house on this TV due to the the sound modulation for Switzerland being at a different frequency and not having the full UHF/VHF frequency receiving range.

This box solves this problem at a cost, since I can plug this box into the second scart socket.

2: I want to watch more French TV (live in German part of CH) to improve language skills. Blue Win TV provides this. The other solution would be mounting another dish at the satellite hotbird and have a CAM and card to access the French TV. Ourr local cable firm gives France 2 as standard, France 3 is at an additional cost but there is no TF1. Blue Win TV gives me many more french channels

For people who cannot see the Astra 2 satellite (UK free to view TV) from their appartment or who cannot mount a dish, this is a credible and simple solution. The only downer is that BBC One is not included.