View Single Post
Old 16.09.2013, 15:27

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Steve77 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Low cost Investment Funds in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
As you could invest $10,000,000 for charges of under $10 using a US broker, SwissPost's fee of 0.35% with a minimium of 35 CHF is extremely high & bad value, especially for someone who wants to invest say 1000 a month. You are charged on both purchase & sales.
In comparison the Swissquote ETF trading fee is a flat 9CHF regardless of how much you invest (although there is a custody fee). SwissPost's 0.35% (min 35CHF) is definitely a bad deal especially if you plan to invest regularly

I'm not sure if there's a US Broker out there that's significantly cheaper than Swissquote that will let you open an account with no US address or SSN, and let you have a free CHF account so you don't automatically have to convert everything to USD, and let you invest in accumulating ETFs (which aren't listed on the US markets) at the same low trading costs

For example if I want to track a broad index of European stocks the iShares MSCI Europe UCITS (Acc) ETF is traded in CHF on the Swiss market so I can invest without any FX exchange cost (obviously I still have the FX exposure of the underlying stocks). The expense ratio is 0.35%, all the dividends are reinvested so there's zero tax to pay and Swissquote only take 9CHF. If it wasn't for the 60CHF-200CHF annual custody fees it would start to look like a good deal!