View Single Post
Old 01.11.2006, 17:47
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Brianb_ie has earned the respect of manyBrianb_ie has earned the respect of manyBrianb_ie has earned the respect of many
Re: Bluewin TV - out tomorrow (November 1st 2006)

Hey Lob. I'm not sure you are correct about that 70 franc price..
Possibly you are talking about a lower speed adsl than my own bluewin but i know that for just my telephone connection (no calls) and bluewin i pay 94francs a month all included. then you would have to add the 30 francs charge for tv and suddely you are touching on 130 francs per month.
I think it is possibly a great gimmick right now but when you can have cablecom digital with around the same amount of english channels for 15 francs......
But keep in mind you also have the cabelcom cinema option too which is just the same as bluewin video on demand.

Quote:
OK, reading more into it, it seems that you will get ADSL and telephone basic charge and Bluewin TV for a smidge short of 70 francs per month.

Upon reflection, if their VoD (Video on Demand) offerings are strong enough, it might take off. Certainly everyone's touting VoD as the killer-app in TV delivery.

But it's not HD - a question to ask, telandy is whether you'll need a new box for h.264/mpeg4 HD content....in theory I guess you don't "own" the box so any upgrade is at their cost...