View Single Post
Old 04.10.2013, 09:09
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 36 Times in 26 Posts
kiwiguy08 has a reputation beyond reputekiwiguy08 has a reputation beyond reputekiwiguy08 has a reputation beyond reputekiwiguy08 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UBS vs XE.com what am i doing wrong?

Quote:
View Post
Thanks very much for your responses.

Will look at other options to xe.com (and UBS which i never really had an intention of using) as suggested in this thread. Was really surprised that xe didn't provide a better rate than what i was seeing. After putting the effort in to set up the account i am a little disappointed. At least i am in no rush as i am not in a position to transfer the money just yet.
II think xe.com can be very beneficial for small transactions. They have no transfer fee so if you want to exchange 50 chf for instance i would recommend xe.com

What i am unsure of at currencyfair is if they only charge that one 4 CHF/EUR/USD fee when they transfer money to an account or are there any other fees. Another thing is, can you set the default currencies you wish to trade? Whenever I go for a quote i get EUR-GBP, which requires then scrolling through the menu for the desired currency