View Single Post
Old 08.10.2013, 16:38
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 28 Times in 20 Posts
kiwiguy08 has an excellent reputationkiwiguy08 has an excellent reputationkiwiguy08 has an excellent reputationkiwiguy08 has an excellent reputation
Re: Atupri - for the basic health insurance? Experience anyone?

I was with them for 2 years, i had a few hiccups with them. One time Uninspital Zürich double charged them and since i was under my deductible, atupri double charged me. I only noticed the discrepancy because the amounts were the same. I had been two times to the hospital, and thought it was weird that both bills were for the same amount. When reading the treatment protocol, i noticed that they both referenced the same date. I called atupri to notify them of this. The guy on the phone insisted that the charge was legitimate and that hospitals always split up their bills in half. I knew this was bs because i know approximately what health care costs are. However, I didnt know who to turn to, to resolve the issue. (the amount was 200-300 chfs, not worth hiring a law student, much less a lawyer)

About 2 months later I received a letter from them, that during an audit, they had detected that I was double charged and they had successfully reversed the payment to the hospital. They were pleased to inform me that I would be refunded the money in 14 days....and i was

The whole experience made me a little leery of them, how can a company exist that doesn't have some sort of mechanism to detect overcharging? I had luck, but them money i could have lost may have been better spent on a company with better detection mechanisms
The following 3 users would like to thank kiwiguy08 for this useful post: