View Single Post
Old 23.10.2013, 14:00
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 26 Times in 19 Posts
dannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sonetel IP Telephone Services - Any Sonetel Customers Here?

Quote:
View Post
Did you go ahead with Sonetel? We have been using it for a few weeks, and our experience has not been good. Call quality is generally rubbish, and sometimes no audio at all. However, I don't know if this is Sonetel's fault, or if it's an issue with our internet connection, or with our phones, but it's basically unusable. Cheap, but unusable.

Anybody else had a better experience?
Have been using them since the last Switzernet crisis, so about six months now. Generally have no problems with call quality, customer service is highly responsive, rates are good. The "no audio at all" has happened, but seems to be a codec thing... with Bria softphone it sometimes doesnt work the first time, changes codec and works. On my VoiP Gigaset unit no problems.

My only annoyance has been a few spam calls, from China and India, however since I dont get calls from those place normally I ignore, and if the same number calls twice I report these and they are blacklisted.

In summary not perfect, and I wouldnt use as my sole phone number, but very cheap for outbound international traffic.

PS If you are going to try them (there's no term contract, just prepay) let me give you a refer code