View Single Post
Old 06.04.2008, 23:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 18 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,248 Posts
Nathu has a reputation beyond reputeNathu has a reputation beyond reputeNathu has a reputation beyond reputeNathu has a reputation beyond reputeNathu has a reputation beyond reputeNathu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Watch out if you are using "Mehrfahrtenkarte"

Quote:
View Post
Maybe it's something unique to Bern then, because I can remember on occasion my mehfarhkart taking more than 6 stamps also. I didn't get caught, but noticed it as odd. The 7th date stamp went over the 6th so it was messy and unreadable. But I recall the machine did punch the card like this.

Next time you have a mehrfahrkart that's used up (ie: has allready 6 stamps) try putting it in the machine and see if it takes a 7th or 8th stamp.
I found the information about the 12 stamp tickets on the Bernese bus website and just assumed that they're equally shaped like 6 stamp tickets. I know that it was like this back when there were 12 stamp tickets in canton Zurich (and I think the ticket machines still accept selfmade >6 stamp tickets...). But if the seventh and eight stamp always get printed on top of the sixth stamp, it would mean that I'm wrong.