View Single Post
Old 27.11.2013, 18:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 130 Times in 87 Posts
Thanked 5,534 Times in 2,209 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long would you stay at home with your baby?

A couple things you may need to keep in mind are that daycare in CH is usually quite expensive (sometimes equals an entire salary), so it doesn't always make sense, economically, for the mother to work, depending on how much she earns. Also, many or perhaps all daycares have a minimum age requirement for the babies they will accept. In my son's daycare, I've never seen a baby there that is less than 6 months old.

I have heard of a study that showed mothers to be happier when they are in the workforce and not at home all day, playing Mommy. Of course, though, that must vary for each individual mother. I do think some mothers can handle the stress of having to constantly watch a child much better than others. For me, personally, there were many times that I found myself wishing I could be out of the house, even if it meant sitting at a desk somewhere. Sometimes I just really needed a break. (I admit it!)
The following 2 users would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post: