View Single Post
Old 09.04.2008, 12:26

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mike Mound has no particular reputation at present
Re: Computers [My PC died, where can I get another one?]

Interesting advice. Of course, every Mac fan hates PC's and PC people can be obstinately glued to their pedigrees.

I would add to the suggestions, though, that if you go through Dell, you select what you want on-line, BUT, use your telephone and speak to somebody live (you'll get a French speaker whose English will be, well, marginal). Insist on an English (American English, if you please) keyboard, and you'll get one.

Very important, though...set yourself up as a small business and get the Dell Small Business Service policy. Try for the 3-year package. Believe me, you won't regret it...you'll save in time and money, which I guess you would like, unless you are made of money and have masochistic tendencies. They are excellent in service matters and will come to your home/office and handle everything without so much as a whimper on your part.

I have been a Dell customer since my wife worked there years ago, and have never been disappointed.

One other suggestion...if you know anybody who works for HP and you don't mind the this brand, ask if you can purchase from their "friends and family" buying site. You'll save lots of francs.

Good luck,

Mike