View Single Post
Old 01.12.2013, 08:31
Patriciaj's Avatar
Patriciaj Patriciaj is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 17
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Patriciaj has no particular reputation at present
Can employer in one canton ask for work permit from another canton?

Background: My spouse is on sabbatical leave from a Canadian university to do scientific research. He plans on spending a lot of time in the lab (located in the canton of Fribourg) but the Swiss university he is visiting is in the canton of Vaud. Does anyone have experience with this kind of situation? Can a university in the canton of Vaud apply for a residence permit to the canton of Fribourg? I am assuming a non EU can't have a permit from one canton and live in another? Our Swiss contact is asking the correct offices, but I'd also love to hear from anyone in the Forum who can shed some light on this.
Reply With Quote