View Single Post
Old 03.12.2013, 19:59

Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
HarryBosch has an excellent reputationHarryBosch has an excellent reputationHarryBosch has an excellent reputationHarryBosch has an excellent reputation
Re: Found ipad on train

Quote:
View Post
Give it to lost and found at the station. Dont leave it on the train.

If I lost mine, thats where I'd enquire.

....... and if they have 'Find My iPad' installed, it shouldnt be a problem to locate it at the lost and found bureau.
I'd be honestly wary to give it to lost and found bureau.

My friend was always losing his iPhones. Even when he was able to track it down to the Railway Station and could see where the phone was (in the lost and found bureau) on the App from his mac at home, they refused to look for it!

He thinks they keep them and sell them after a while for profit. or swiped it themselves. (Conspiracy Theories).

A few months ago, I found a brand spanking new (huge) phone on the train put it in my bag with the intention of hunting the owner down.

Shortly after pocketing it, I get a call from a panic-stricken young lady. And she asks "who is this?" and I replied "the owner of a swanky new phone?".

Then I asked where she was. 10 minutes later, we met up on the platform and the owner was soooo pleased to get her phone back.

Tight arse didn't offer a finders fee, but then again, being a gentlemen, I wouldn't have taken it anyway.

Thank you very much to Stp for your honesty.

Last edited by HarryBosch; 03.12.2013 at 20:11.
The following 3 users would like to thank HarryBosch for this useful post: