View Single Post
Old 09.12.2013, 22:52
CDavis CDavis is offline
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 8
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CDavis has no particular reputation at present
Living in Neuch versus Fribourg (Type D student visa issued for Fribourg)

Hi all,

I'm an American student enrolled at UNIFr for the period February to June 2014.

I applied for a national type D long stay visa as my program exceeds 90 days.

My question is can I live in Neuchatel without problems with the authorities in Fribourg? I understand my visa packet was submitted to the cantonal authority there but I never saw any material that stated I was required to live within JUST the canton (and unfortunately I was just today made known of the need for a Fribourg residential address when I arrive). The address I have listed in the city of Fribourg is that of my program office, and short of renting two apartments and splitting my time between Neuchatel and Fribourg, what can I do here?

Essentially I would be renting a room in the house of a Swiss friend and commuting to school via train. Could I use a postal box (Fribourg) or should I consult the local police upon arriving? Could I use any of the 90 day tourist visa time to offset switching apartments if I HAD to?

If anyone here is familiar with this, I'd love any help!
Reply With Quote