View Single Post
Old 17.12.2013, 21:28
Forum Legend

Groaned at 406 Times in 315 Posts
Thanked 17,106 Times in 9,623 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PostFinance requiring W-9 (Taxpayer ID) from US customers??

The short answer is yes. All the banks are requiring their remaining American clients to do this. Most of the smaller banks have already dumped their American clientele. It's all due to the US foisting it's FATCA law on the rest of the world because it believes all Americans who live outside the US are default tax cheats. Here's just a couple of threads on the subject:

Postfinance closing American Accounts?

http://www.englishforum.ch/finance-b...xperience.html

You can also expect to get a letter at some point from PostFinance advising you to become tax compliant if you're not already. I had mine last week. If you're not yet tax compliant they strongly advise you to enter the OVD Program and to send them proof that you have done so. If you don't you'll find your accounts being closed; it's part of the FATCA/Swiss-US IGA regulations that any non-compliant account be shut immediately.

My personal response to this FATCA assumed guilty tax crap? I renounced my US citizenship in March and will finish doing my back filing next year.

Wow! Some mod was on the ball there. I started writing my post in answer to one thread and posted it in another. Quick work there folks.