View Single Post
Old 18.12.2013, 14:15
The Marmite Moderator

Groaned at 458 Times in 351 Posts
Thanked 23,078 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: House valuation

Quote:
View Post
We looked at an old house in Gebenstorf; owners wanted 750K. We found an architect/surveyor who came around to the house and did a survey.

His comment was that the house was only worth 400K (i.e. house was worthless and the 400K was really only the land price).

That, and the fact that the owners had 'donated' 30% of their land to the neighbours, made us run a mile.

It was really quite a quaint house, but I think when the owners finally sell it, it'll sadly just get demolished and replaced by a flat-roofed concrete box.
I looked at several houses like that, it's value is actually less than land value as you have to factor in demolition costs & clearing the site. Being CH nothing if free. Of course the owners still believe their house is worth something so it never sells.