View Single Post
Old 19.12.2013, 14:04
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
darkhorsedrea has a reputation beyond reputedarkhorsedrea has a reputation beyond reputedarkhorsedrea has a reputation beyond reputedarkhorsedrea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How Dog friendly is Zurich?

Quote:
View Post
By Outskirts....... you mean WAY out of Zurich.

This however is still not so bad.

My advice would be to use Google maps and follow the train lines.
eg. If you even lived in Luzern, the train is something like 45mins to Zurich.
(which is almost as fast as the outer 'tram' lines within Zurich).

If you know where your work will be, find the train station closest, and check which trains run through there, and then follow them back.

Outskirts of Zurich, I'd look at:
District 9 - Triemli, Albisrieden
District 10 - Höngg
District 7 - Witikon

These places back onto forested area's so where you lose with the garden, you'll win with excellent areas to walk your dogs.
They are a bit cheaper, so set your expectations low.
To be fair, within Zurich, ground floor apartments with a garden is about all you'll probably be able to afford.

There is a forum member "Mrs Doolittle" who does relocation, and is also a dog lover.... contacting her would be worthwhile.

JBZ86 has had his fair share of dog issues so his advice is sound when it comes to dealing with the locals and dogs.

Anything that Meloncollie writes about dogs should be worshiped as gospel. End of.

Ok ok, I live even further out and getting to central Zurich within the hour is so doable! If i can do it 8 months pregs and with a pram doing it alone, with your London legs is a breeze!

Try looking at these areas:

Pfäffikon zh (not sz)
Uster
Schwerzenbach
Dübendorf
Meilen
Winterthur
And places close by with a train line.

We live in a 4 bed apartment, with two dogs, two cats, soon to be two babies and my partner works from home. We have fields surrounding us, forests and very easy access (in my opinion compared to London).