View Single Post
Old 28.12.2013, 17:23
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
ZUG99 has made some interesting contributions
Re: Accounting Software - BANANA

I am not a qualified accountant. However, I have been using Banana for several years, both for my business as well as for a few s/m companies for which I have been doing the accounting. Considering the purchase price of the software and the user-friendly structure I can only say that I am still very pleased with Banana and would not change to anything else.

The system offers 2 types of accounting :
  • the Income/Expense method a very basic accounting structure, still perfectly acceptable in Switzerland for a small organisation
    and
  • the so called double entry method the standard method of accounting, complying with both Swiss and international standard principles.
    Both methods provide for recording of VAT. I believe Banana offers full documentation in English.
    I have been submitting print-outs from Banana to the tax authorities for quite some time and have never encountered any problems. Tax returns are different in each canton and you will most probably need to fill in the forms which you receive from your tax office and support the return with print-outs (balance sheet P&L) from the Banana system.
    I am fully satisfied with this program and can recommend it to any small organisation
This user would like to thank ZUG99 for this useful post: