View Single Post
Old 15.01.2014, 03:01
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 61 Times in 35 Posts
IzabelaInZug is considered knowledgeableIzabelaInZug is considered knowledgeableIzabelaInZug is considered knowledgeable
Re: Excellent counselling in Zurich (psychotherapy)

Quote:
View Post
This is an experience I would like to share:
I have been looking for a good english-speaking counsellor for me and my husband (we have been going through rough times and were facing serious relationship problems). It was almost impossible to find qualified english-speaking therapists!
A friend told me about the Klaus-Grawe-Institute in Zurich. They have english-speaking excellent counsellors specialized in cognitive-behavioral therapy, also for individuals and families. We felt extremely well taken care of and could finally get support in solving our marital problems.
Excellent service, highly qualified and experienced therapists!!
I understand you very well. I was also looking for relationship counsellor and I agree this is almost impossible to find but it also depends where you want to go. There are two different approaches in sexual therapy today. While the traditional one is based on talking with clients and some exercises clients should do at home, the new approach is controversial for some and might not be for everyone. It does take some courage but if you are going through difficulties I strongly recommend to give it a try. It takes time to establish trust and intimacy again but healing is possible if both partners agree to work on the problem and see the therapist.

It is easier to find good sex and intimacy coach here and I recommend visiting Didi Liebold from www.sexologicalbodywork.ch

As I said this is sexology and somatic sex education so you are learning by doing. Counsellors are not allowed to touch their clients and in this approach it is strongly unethical but sometimes lovers need to be shown what and how to do, how to communicate their needs. Lots of marriage problems comes from this miscommunication.

I think this is fantastic approach and the results are rather fast although some would say traditional therapy gives same or similar results. Of course the problem you are facing in your relationship can be caused by something very different but it is a fact that couples who enjoy good quality sex life very rarely end up divorcing and lack of communication in sex is also the major problem today. If you are going through difficult times with your partner this might be interesting for you. If you need any other addresses, links or a bit of advice I am happy to talk. I did quite a lot of research on this. Good luck.