View Single Post
Old 16.01.2014, 01:09
RIP

Groaned at 563 Times in 354 Posts
Thanked 11,548 Times in 5,941 Posts
Sbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What can be done? If creditor was paid but intrum justitia still demands payment

After being divorced 5 years, Winterthur decided to come after me for unpaid car insurance premiums. Exactly at this time I was applying for a job in the Swiss security industry, where you needed to be squeaky clean. It took two weeks to persuade Winterthur to write to the Bern Betreibungsamt cancelling the Betreibung, during which time I lost the job.

My ex-wife went back to Britain & decided she didn't need to inform Winterthur that she had sold the car, and didn't need insurance, but Winterthur just added up the debt owed, and then sued me. I also had a claim from something similar to Intrum Justice, after a dentist in Bern was owed money by her. I called the dentist and the secretary didn't want to consider there had been an error. A friend then called the dental practice and persuaded him to remove the complaint. It is a very real problem, and it should not be ignored. It will likely come back to haunt the OP, better to kill it now while memories are fresh.

The OP could also offer to pay interest on the delay in payment. Bills are due to be paid immediately, and most companies give at least 10 days grace, but they do not have to wait for payment, and compensation might be a sweetener.