View Single Post
Old 20.01.2014, 09:40
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
slingb is considered knowledgeableslingb is considered knowledgeableslingb is considered knowledgeable
Re: Supplementary insurance while being pregnant ("existing condition")

Quote:
View Post
Hello
I am aware that most supplementary insurances will not cover any "existing conditions" - specifically for pregnancy though, is there a company which shall cover pregnancy as an "existing condition" with immediate effect?
Thanks for the inputs.
As said, pregnancy is not an "existing condition", meaning they will refuse you because are pregnant, but most insurances say you cannot claim pregnancy-related stuff for the first year.

Quote:
View Post
Go for the full Monty for the kid. After the birth you can roll back all the stuff you don't need.
Not really possible, as most supplementary insurances have 5-years minimum contract. So can't just cancel in December. Given that supplemtary generally costs nearly as much as Basic Insurance (~200 CHF per month without dental), with supplementary for 5 years you are committing to ~12,000 CHF over 5 years, with a 1000 franchise. If your aim is to use it for birth of a child, may be more cheap to just pay the 14k difference or whatever, what Basic insurance covers and what you would like.

Quote:
View Post
We opted for half private when we had our child, but to this day I still do to know the difference between normal, half private and private. The only thing I know is that the half private cost us 14K CHF and we were given a room to ourselves.