View Single Post
Old 23.01.2014, 16:23
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 73 Times in 52 Posts
Thanked 3,203 Times in 1,099 Posts
Pachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Picking a 3a Fund; Researching and Tracking Performance

This might end up being merged with the thread you reference.

Personally, I invested my 3rd Pillar last year in the CS Mixta45 account which is the highest proportion of equities i could find. Most of these 3a options are very cautious and (relatively) low risk.

I guess there must be choices with more equity exposure but I couldn't easily find something I could trust -- and at least Credit Suisse are my bank, which helps the admin.

More generally (as I think was the point on that other thread) if you want to start investing in equities/funds etc then think beyond the 3a as it is so restricted. I've used my 3a allowance as it becomes tax-deductible and it's just another bit of diversification but the amount involved, 6.5K CHF, isn't going to add a lot to my wealth.

If you have spare cash over and above that 6.5K CHF, look at using a platform like SwissQuote etc where you have thousands of choices. To help you decide what to invest in you can look at the many platforms / research sites like Trustnet, Morning Star, Digital Look etc. You can use these same resources for checking the progress of most funds (though not all will have Swiss 3a funds).

No one can really advise you on investment without loads more info -- which I am not requesting! -- about time horizon, appetite for risk, size of your funds etc.

The dip in June *may* be linked to holdings going ex-dividend i.e. if bought after that date no dividend will be paid so the buy price may drop to compensate.

Managed v index trackers? Pros and cons. If you read something like Tim Hale's "Smarter Investing" you will be persuaded that managed funds are not usually a good idea for long term investment. A recommended read.
This user would like to thank Pachyderm for this useful post: