View Single Post
Old 09.02.2014, 22:51

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
teamj&j has no particular reputation at present
Re: Buying a home in Canton Zurich or Canton Aargau

Quote:
View Post
No, it was the other way around. Initially we considered renting it, but then we decided to sell it.

From the time we listed the house on the internet, it took one month until it was reserved with a deposit and a signed agreement. The house was empty and available to move into immediately.

At the buyer's request, the appointment at the notary and the official handover was about 6 weeks later. The process for buying a house in Canton Aargau is slightly different to Zurich as we use "Zahlungsversprechen".

The house has been registered in the "Grundbuch" in the name of the new owners, they have received the keys and we have been paid.

For a first time buyer I think the entire process of buying a house can be overwhelming

We had all the information available which a buyer would need to make an informed decision and arrange financing. Most of the viewings were on the weekends, including Sundays. There were no group showings. Every interested person had their own viewing time. It is a big house (8.5 rooms ) and it took time to show it properly. The buyers viewed the house more than once, but that is to be expected when one is making such an important purchase.

There were no agents involved. (I am not a real estate agent, I have only handled rental properties which have been sold and I have assisted the owners and buyers with this process).
Thanks Mrs D for the helpful insight, appreciated.
This user would like to thank teamj&j for this useful post: