View Single Post
Old 13.02.2014, 21:44

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
UncleTell has no particular reputation at present
Re: Postfinace DEMANDS past FBARs

Quote:
View Post
and what would you do if they close it and then refuse to give you any money until you produce the documents?
Quote:
View Post
And what do you think they do when the close your account? (hint: they don't give the money back to you)...
The Postfinance is trying to cut a deal with the DOJ with by way of thr NPA Program not ME.
When I opened the account with them I signed a privacy waiver, a W9, a form allowing them to report FATCA information, and a declaration that I am 100% tax compliant. Now if that is not enogh for them well tough snit!
As far as I know neither the Swiss nor the US have accused me of either tax fraud or tax evasion, so in my point of view Postfinance has no right to freeze my account.
I'm in the fortunate position that I'm not in desparate need of these funds so I'll let them sweat it out and see just how hard up they are for my FBAR. I'm almost 100% sure that they have no legal ground to block my money. They are just trying to save as much CHF as they can and don't give a rat's butt about their account holders. So let them pay 50% of my account as a penalty in the NPA Program.

What really bothers me the most is they forgot the magic word.

PLEASE