View Single Post
Old 19.02.2014, 11:43
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
slingb is considered knowledgeableslingb is considered knowledgeableslingb is considered knowledgeable
Re: Customs Clearance of Household Effects

Quote:
View Post
I will be arriving without much stuff. Then shipping stuff in a few moths time. I am moving into temporary accommodation and starting a new job.

Do I need to complete a "Customs clearance of household effects" the first time I enter the country. I will be carrying a camera, laptop, ipad, etc plus clothes lots of clothes.

Then in a few months I am sure I have to do the same again?

You can only do 1 form like that for your move, as you are supposed to bring ALL your stuff in one go. (Only exception is when this is not possible, eg bringing here furniture and a car/plane which cannot enter at the same time, but even then you have to list everything on 1 form and write when the second shipment will arrive).

So you do the form when you use the shipping company and give it to them. Actually, most likely they wont agree to ship your stuff without the form.

For your arrival with a suitcase, I dont think anyone fills in the form unless you are carrying a Picasso painting..