View Single Post
Old 19.02.2014, 16:24
symphara's Avatar
symphara symphara is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: omw to Zurich via California
Posts: 119
Groaned at 10 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 150 Times in 54 Posts
symphara has earned the respect of manysymphara has earned the respect of manysymphara has earned the respect of many
Re: How to PRIVATELY import a car EU to CH

View Post
Hi I have a short question: If I want to use my RHD car to only bring my staff from Ireland and then sell it and buy Swiss car - how long can I use it in CH without registering and what are the procedures on the border?

Thanks for help!
As far as I know you can use it for up to 1 year with your foreign plates, however it must be road legal in the country of origin (i.e. up to date NCT, road tax, insurance).

When I crossed the border there was no "procedure". Remember to buy the Swiss motorway sticker and place it correctly on your windscreen.

I'm not sure about your question regarding selling the car, but I don't think you can sell it in Switzerland without importing and registering it here.

Last edited by symphara; 19.02.2014 at 16:39.
Reply With Quote