View Single Post
Old 17.04.2008, 16:44

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Darkphoenix has earned some respectDarkphoenix has earned some respect
Re: Evaluation of US high school diploma

Quote:
View Post
That's surprising to say the least since the bachelor/masters lineage has been implemented in 05, but courses were already ECTS compliant back in 96.

Had you asked me, I would have probably told you to go over his head directly here
Thanks for the tip Shorrick.

I am not sure if it was that simple. The prof told me that the Masters program was not set up yet and that it was very very behind schedule. Something you would not have gathered from reading the website. So there would have been very little I could have done at the time to get them to accept me at the Masters level. He offered me a space in the old system (starting from the beginning) and I declined. Which makes me wonder why he did not offer me a position in the Bachelors program

I just ended up finding another university that was accepting students at the Masters level. They had no problem accepting my diploma. But I am going to bookmark the website you suggested.

Sadly I have heard a number of things from foreign students (non-Ph.d) who have had issues with credits/acceptance of diplomas etc.

It s all ironed out now and I am happy in a smaller University where I have personal relationships with my professors. It was just a ruff emotional road to get there.

--Dark Phoenix, Uncanny X-Men 157