View Single Post
Old 26.02.2014, 22:14
Forum Legend

Groaned at 429 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 20,661 Times in 10,957 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opening a Bank Account

Quote:
View Post
Hi,
Good Evening. I am from India and have come here for 2.5 months on 4 months work visa (Permit). When I was applying for the form for permit in Nov 2013, i was asked to fill in details of salary I will get here for the stay (4 months visa with 2.5 months stay). I got the permit, came to Zurich last week and now wanted to open a bank account - and not a single bank is allowing to open..had visited UBS, CS, PF, ZKB etc.

All banks say acct can be opened only if 6 months stay and have a residence permit. The KreisBuro doesnt give a residence permit for the type of permit I have. It is annoying and feeling helpless as it seems they have made a law, (One for salary to be mentioned to grant a permit, other law not to allow to open bank acct for less than 6 months). Such a ambiguity..how can they make such a useless rule where at end the employ suffers by not able to open a bank acct and our Indian employer not able to send the salary !! Big problem...donno what to do.

If anyone have suggestion, pls advice.

Thanks,
Raj.
It's not a law, just the banks are not interested, in short term business. If you wanted to deposit 100k plus they would open an account.
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: