View Single Post
Old 01.03.2014, 09:34
Forum Legend

Groaned at 418 Times in 321 Posts
Thanked 17,495 Times in 9,811 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Family Reunification Visa for spouse of student/housing

Quote:
View Post
Hi.

Well, let's keep my story and questions the shorter and easier possible.

I am a student in Switzerland, came about two months ago. I am married since 2013 October.

My wife has applied for family reunification visa in Azerbaijan and after two months of application, I received letter from migration office about additional documents they need for my wife's visa.

One of the doc.s is rental agreement with the names and dates of birth of people living in and the number of people rental place is designed for.

I have found an apartment which is gonna be available in April but I don't want to wait until April because preparation of her visa (I guess) will take some other weeks after I get my rental agreement ready.

So my question is: is it possible to accommodate my wife in my friend's (female) apartment and ask agency to add her name into my friend's rental agreement? Would migration office accept that?

I would appreciate any kind of help of yours.
If you don't live there too, no. Your wife is not allowed to live at a different address from yours. She is your dependent, not anyone else's, which is why you have to show your accommodation is large enough for both of you and that you earn enough to support you both.

https://www.ch.ch/en/family-reunification