View Single Post
Old 04.03.2014, 21:50

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
UncleMike988 has earned the respect of manyUncleMike988 has earned the respect of manyUncleMike988 has earned the respect of many
Re: Holiday to USA - problem with ESTA

Guys,

Can I just say... wow. And thank you for your prompt replies.

Honestly, I really felt stupid when posting this article. I thought, come on, it can't be that difficult, I must be missing something obvious.

Apparently not.

And you're right. The best solution seems to be for my Swiss wife to re-apply for a passport, even though her passport doesn't expire for another 5 years !! It never crossed my mind that that would've been the answer.

Many thanks for your help, and I hope this thread helps others in years to come.

Mike

P.S. I don't want this thread to go off-track, but I can't help thinking... why ?! We live in one of the safest counties in the world, but a Swiss passport from 2008 isn't even good enough to go on a family-holiday to the States. It's just odd that, with this passport, game over, you can't even apply for a ESTA tourist visa. Strangely, for once, my UK passport seems more "trustworthy". Have they not seen us Brits in Ibiza ?

Oh, and our flights & hotel are cancellable... and my wife is currently checking out the Seychelles !!!
This user would like to thank UncleMike988 for this useful post: