View Single Post
Old 08.04.2014, 01:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 43 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 7,410 Times in 2,314 Posts
Captain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How did you find a lawyer?

Lebuda, I hope xkcd's advice provides some help. You are in a typical Swiss situation. In this country, lawyers are few and far between, simply because only very few people ever need one.

I spent about 60 years in Switzerland. The only lawyer I ever met was the husband of one of my wife's cousins, and I knew lots of people. Then I moved to the USA (only part-time), and I realized I needed a lawyer for procedures for which there isn't even a German word.

It was easy to find them, just next door on both sides, a total of eleven law offices with 16 lawyers in a one-cow town with 680 inhabitants. My home town in Switzerland, 5430 inhabitants, has one. ONE! That says enough.

Granted, I could have used a lawyer for my utterly messy divorce in Switzerland, but in retrospect I had to realize that it would just have cost me even much more. Fortunately, said wife pillaged my accounts so efficiently, I couldn't even afford a lawyer, and that was a good thing.

"This is AMAZING! I have the exact amount of money Joe Biden has cost us playing golf in my sweatpants pocket!" Kona Lowell