View Single Post
Old 11.04.2014, 22:41
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
lbsteve has no particular reputation at present
Re: SWICA Insurance

Quote:
View Post
This is where my partner will be working so with them we are going with basic (Favorit Telmed)

the prices are crazy for a family of 3 (2 adults and 1 child) we are going to be paying CHF 1211 a month - we are so use to the US where Novartis here covers us and we only pay about $300 a month for everything. But we want to make sure we have global cause we will be going back and forth within US/Switz and where ever he has to travel and with a little one i want her to have topnotch ins
Not sure what deductible and supplementary you picked, but that sounds a lot. We have a family of 4 (2 adults 2 kids) and are with SWICA for 2 years. I have been very pleased with the prompt claims and all English communication. We have supplementary that covers overseas doctor's visit and medicines. All have been paid every single time and no questions asked. We paid a little over 900CHF per month. I chose the highest deductible since i never have to see a doctor, my wife chose a moderately low deductible and her premium is almost a 100CHF more than mine. Kids are all zero deductible.

At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself, what you value more. Your pleasant time spent in Switzerland or the frustration dealing with all the issues in a foreign language you have not yet master. I chose to pay and let them serve me!