View Single Post
Old 16.04.2014, 06:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 336 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 14,549 Times in 7,475 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: L-Permit issue - UK national

Quote:
View Post
I'm a Canadian (UK passport) and I've been in Switzerland since August 2013. I'm facing a similar issue- I was issued a Permis L without any explanation although I fulfill all the conditions for a Permis B (indeterminate contract, EU-17 passport). The cantonal immigration authority took from August until February to provide me a Permis (while I was working) and it expires on August 17th of this year. (The reason it took so long was because my employer failed to provide the documentation required in a timely manner)

I'm not quite sure I understand the quota system; with each new release (June 1st?) are permit quotas re-allocated and re-opened for requests? And should a request for a Permis B be submitted on the day the quota reallocation starts or prior to it?

Any help would be much appreciated!
It seems they started to treat everybody in the EU the same way. Frankly, this is happening to people from EU-2 for years and nobody complained.

Quote:
View Post

It's a shame for you, I had a collegue, back in the day, from the UK who was issued a L permit, whilist the rest where issued a 5 year B. After many discussions, we decided that our HR department were not really sure of her hence the L instead of the B.
...and why is that a "shame"? It's normal practice for others.

Anyways, you cannot be issued an L permit more than 2-3 years so finally everyone will get their B. It will just take a little longer. No big deal. Yes it can be annoying but what can you do.