View Single Post
Old 22.04.2014, 20:59
Forum Legend

Groaned at 128 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 7,258 Times in 2,761 Posts
Samaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: L-Permit issue - UK national

Quote:
View Post
I'm a UK citizen here for over four years and currently on my ninth L permit.
What? But not on a permanent contract, right? Technically, there is a limit on L permits, 18 months officially, 24 at the absolute maximum in exceptional cases. If you are in and out of Switzerland constantly and always on temporary contracts, then it makes sense you'll only ever get an L, but if it's a permanent contract and you don't leave Switzerland every year/year- and half, you're being screwed over.

OP - only explanation I have is this: https://www.bfm.admin.ch/content/bfm...013-04-24.html Only applies to B, not L - which is a joke as the direct consequence (obviously) was and is that companies just apply for an L instead of an B and are thus on the safe side for up to two years.

You can't do anything right now. You also have no immediate disadvantages of an L as opposed to a B. Long-term yes, but not immediately, and due to ongoing discussions in Switzerland as to how to deal with immigration in the future, there'll likely be quite a few changes anyway…