View Single Post
Old 24.04.2014, 17:07
Forum Legend

Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: G permit: going back to your own country every week

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for all your answer guys!

@fatmanfilms
Clever hint, thanks.

@Sean and others:
the accountant of the Swiss company is following my applications on behalf of the company and me.
(The feeling I have is that is very keen to create problems where there are none, but maybe just a feeling).
I am not trying to avoid taxes or anything like that.

I will be working with permanent contract as employed.
The reason for a G permit first is to speed up the procedure as I will be starting on May.
The foreign office (ufficio stranieri) told me that it may take some _long_ time to get the B permit, so they suggest me to apply first for the G permit.
This is a pain in the neck because I will be paying even higher medical insurance with G permit... (I need to pay it, as I am resident in UK, not in Italy or the other boundaries of Switzerland).

I will be taxed in Switzerland.
Damn! Will I???? I hope so!

So is not my choice, it is a temporary solution.
In July my family will move to Switzerland too, and by that time I want and must have a B permit.
(am I too optimist?)

Thanks a lot guys,
Mik
As EU you don't need a permit first, you arrive show your job contract & receive a permit. Going for a G is a waste of time, it's the same reason my Spanish friend has a G, pointless.

You will pay Swiss withholding tax , however be liable to UK taxes in full as your choosing to stay resident in the UK with a G permit.