View Single Post
Old 28.04.2014, 10:47
Forum Legend

Groaned at 54 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 6,405 Times in 2,936 Posts
Sean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Share your Ryanair experiences

Anyway, I did fly RyanAir from Bergamo and here's what I found.

1. Ryanair and the mega-upsell in the booking process....this was HORRIBLE and I hear they've changed it.
2. Bergamo airport. What a lovely place and only 15 minutes further to drive. Also if you take the airport parking that costs the most, you get vouchers for the priority security lines.
3. Bergamo shopping and eating - much better than Malpensa....but that ain't hard...!!
4. Ryanair flight. Unspectacular but you can see how they cut operational costs. They also stalk passengers and if their carry-on does not fit in their box then you get hung, drawn and quartered. I actually like that approach as other carriers often let people take the piss
5. Ryanair is not actually that cheap - you have to play with dates and times to get the best deal - but for my route, it was most suited and did the job for me.

It's a class below easyJet and does not seem to cost much less.

For the market they're serving, it's OK. They claim to be going for a transatlantic route....I'm not sure if I'd use them for that.....!

Last edited by 3Wishes; 27.05.2014 at 15:25. Reason: Removed quote of deleted text