View Single Post
Old 08.05.2014, 17:00
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 25 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 3,054 Times in 935 Posts
Textoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: oven cleaning

Quote:
View Post
Hi,
Need to know product that can be used to clean oven and the greasy trays. Had never used ovens earlier and now have a greasy baking tray and some grease left on the oven base...please help..
Should you find that your oven has a self-clean cycle, remember to check your oven instruction manual prior to running the cycle for guidance on what to do with the racks/trays.

My self-cleaning oven instructions specifically indicate that all racks and trays should be removed prior to running the self-clean cycle as they can be damaged at the high temps that self-cleaning requires.

The racks and trays can be cleaned by hand. If they are extremely dirty, I have found that spraying them with the chemical oven cleaner mentioned earlier, placing them in plastic garbage bags, and leaving them overnight will soften the baked-on grease and grime, which can then be removed with a scrubbie or bristled brush.

I have also had good luck soaking racks and trays in a bathtub full of hot water with powdered dishwashing detergent. Of course, the tub needed to be cleaned afterward as well.
This user would like to thank Textoch for this useful post: