View Single Post
Old 31.05.2014, 22:17

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
jtangpublic has earned the respect of manyjtangpublic has earned the respect of manyjtangpublic has earned the respect of many
Re: EXIT would you consider being a member?

A key relevant angle on the question is the growing possibility of putting a vulnerable person in the position of having to justify one's existence (either to others or to oneself -- often to oneself).

This could come out in a couple of ways.
1) Some might begin to wonder, altruistically, if maybe they are ones that the world would be better off without, and kill themselves off for love --
not something that I would want to see.
2) Some might perceive that the rest of the world thinks it better that they not exist, and kill themselves off for lack of love --
kind of like how some US Republicans hope that "self-deportation" would work.

From a social responsibility point of view, I would say that the larger and louder the movement grows, the more that people in vulnerable positions will start be put in this position, and the more that there will be talk about why "those" people aren't killing themselves off they way they should be, exacerbating the divide between the "justifiable" and the "unjustifiable" persons.

Since I hope that the world won't go in the direction of more people thinking that people's lives have to be justified or else they should be dead, especially since I wouldn't know when I might be on the wrong side of the equation ("First they came for the .... Then they came for the ...."), I would not join the bandwagon.
The following 4 users would like to thank jtangpublic for this useful post: