View Single Post
Old 05.06.2014, 22:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 4,089 Times in 1,815 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Charging of Fees to Rent an Apartment in Geneva

Quote:
View Post
Thank you for replying. I would be interested to hear if anyone has come across this practice. This is the first time anyone has mentioned this to us.

Our relocation agent has done much work for us in Lausanne but we had to change belatedly to Geneva search and he didn't tell us that his search / work doesn't cover that area. Certainly though he could do closing docs etc.

And yes - I am a landlord in the UK and pay the agency to find tenants for me so it would be v unusual for the rental agencies to ask potential tenants for 1 month of rent as a fee!
I'm also a landlord in the UK, potential tenants in my area (Oxford) pay 150 to the agents to cover their credit checks, etc. Something I only discovered recently as I'd always thought I paid all fees connected with letting my property, I pay nearly 100% of the first months rent in fees to the agent for each new let.