Thread: Banknotes
View Single Post
Old 21.03.2006, 18:53
Forum Legend

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Richard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: OK now tell me what you LOVE about Switzerland

Quote:
What good would it do to photocopy an aussie note? Sure - that would be a nice way to get the clear bit in the note, but the game will be up as soon as you touch the note - the texture and feel of the entire thing will be totally wrong, and you wouldn't even be able to fool anyone in the dark! Have you ever tried to the exercise you describe above (on an Aussie dollar). Since the euro is paper I would expect that the result would be even further from the real thing when using a transparency.
Hi Mark,

What you are trying to say is that they have the film but cheat you in believing the polymer is paper by the printing. And you are quite correct. As far as the copying of one of the things is concerned though you get a bloody good copy which is not the case on a Euro which comes out in stripes. Now if the secret of the Aussie dollar is in the printing which it is, you only need to have an offset printing machine to make perfect copies which is the point I was eluding to. And then you would not at first glance be able to tell.

Richard